Silver top’s WAN acceleration solution facilitates firms achieve the rewards of virtualization by means of overcoming network challenges that impact the overall performance of these packages throughout the WAN. extra especially, Silver height addresses latency, packet loss, and bandwidth demanding situations that cause digital packages (e.g. Citrix Xen App) and digital desktop Infrastructures (e.g. Citrix Xen computer, Microsoft computer Virtualization, and VMware VDI) to be unresponsive and/or unreliable across the WAN. How does Silver height fluctuate from other WAN acceleration carriers with regards to optimizing digital applications and computer systems?
|Fig 1.1 Silver Peak Wan Optimization|
Many WAN acceleration vendors, including Silver Peak, offer “basic” optimization techniques that can improve the performance of Citrix and VDI. These include standard compression algorithms (e.g. LZ) and well-established TCP acceleration techniques (e.g. adjustable window sizes and selective acknowledgements). However, that is where the similarities end. In addition to the above, Silver Peak provides the following capabilities that deliver a unique advantage in virtual environments:
- Real-time Network Integrity
- Integrated Quality of Service (QoS).
- Real-time WAN reduplication.
- Real-time Encryption.
In summary, while different vendors offer tools for optimizing Citrix and VDI across the WAN, only Silver Peak offers the following: • Real-time techniques for overcoming packet loss • Integrated Quality of Service • Low latency WAN reduplication • Scalable appliances designed to support hundreds of thousands of simultaneous users. • Real-time encryption By fixing bandwidth, latency and loss challenges across the WAN, Silver Peak improves the performance of all IP applications
|Fig 1.2 Silver Peak Wan Optimization|
Virtual Flexibility. Silver Peak offers the industry’s only multi-gigabit virtual WAN optimization solution and is the only WAN optimization solution to run on every major hypervisor. The software is available for immediate download and free trial via the Silver Peak software marketplace.
Industry-Leading. Silver Peak continues to lead the industry in WAN optimization capacity and performance. With the broadest portfolio of physical and virtual WAN optimization products, and support for up to 10 gig WAN environments, Silver Peak delivers the most cost-effective WAN optimization for branch offices, data centers, and the cloud.
Accelerate Any Application. Silver Peak’s WAN optimization products improve the performance of all enterprise and cloud applications, regardless of transport protocol or version. This is done all without the risk of corrupting data or altering application behavior. No plug-ins are required, which expedites deployment and saves both time and money.
Cloud-Ready. Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization appliances can be deployed directly within Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and VMware vCloud Air. This allows enterprises to easily extend their WAN optimization deployment into the cloud.
|Fig 1.3 Silver Peak Wan Optimization|
- The Silver Peak NX series has proven performance on all WAN links from small branch offices to large data centers. Big pipes,defined as a WAN link with > 30 Mbps WAN through-put, have very different performance, management, and scalability requirements than smaller WAN connections. They involve complex QoS, security and routing policies, for example, and support different types of applications. Silver Peak not only has a family of appliances which scales from 1 single Mbps to hundreds of Mbps (Gbps with clustering), but has an established a reputation for delivering the best performance on the larger connections. In competitive testing, customers such as Finisar, Cap Gemini, and AT&T have all chosen Silver Peak for this very reason.
- Silver Peak can efficiently manage WAN acceleration and optimization across many locations. When many offices aggregate to a single office, there are head-end scalability issues that can impact the performance of a WAN acceleration solution. Or, when many remote offices are communicating to one another in a peer-to-peer fashion, it can be difficult to configure and manage optimization policies in a cost effective way. Silver Peak addresses both of these issues with its NX family of appliances and GMS management platform. Installations at the North Vancouver School District, Autodesk, and Texas Instruments are good examples of how dozens of offices can be “turned up” without impacting performance and manageability.
- Silver Peak supports a diverse mix of applications. According to Gartner, the average enterprise has close to 100 different types of applications deployed. Unfortunately, every application behaves differently across the WAN. Some use TCP, which adds latency. Others are real-time, which makes them more susceptible to packet loss. Still others use proprietary or encapsulated transport protocols. It is one thing to be able to optimize file and email traffic, but what about real-time data replication or real-time SQL or Citrix? Silver Peak works on ALL enterprise traffic – regardless of transport protocol or latency sensitivity. As a result, Silver Peak appliances deliver the best ROI when choosing a WAN acceleration solution.
- Silver Peak is the only vendor to address network integrity issues in real-time, which can otherwise hamper WAN performance. For example, out-of-order and lost packets are a silent killer when doing asynchronous replication as they cut through-put down to < 1 Mbps (regardless of the size of a WAN links). As these packet delivery issues are quite common in IP VPN, MPLS, and other “shared” networks, Silver Peak’s Network Integrity features play a vital role in many enterprise environments.
- In the Silver Peak environment, data is always secured – at rest and across the WAN. One should pay careful attention to security in a WAN acceleration environment. If there is a requirement to encrypt traffic, make sure that this capability is not a roadblock to scalability. Disk encryption and IPsec, for example, are both extremely valuable from a data protection and compliance standpoint. But, they are also very CPU intensive. This is achieved using hardware-based acceleration within the NX appliances, and IPsec between appliances. Silver Peak performs these functions in dedicated hardware to ensure that they do not impact performance and scalability.
- You could be part of the $250 million installed-base of Riverbed Steelhead xx20 products up for refresh early next year.
- The life of the average Riverbed Steelhead hardware is three years, so increased cost is right around the corner.
- Riverbed customers can save up to 86% by switching to Silver Peak software.
- For example, Riverbed Steelhead EXA-560 costs $11,591 while Silver Peak VX software costs $1,675/yr.
- Silver Peak software is 10x faster than Riverbed’s Virtual Steelhead.
- Silver Peak software delivers more than two gigabits-per-second (Gbps) of optimized throughput.
- Silver Peak software supports all four major hypervisors from VMware, Microsoft, Citrix and KVM.
- Silver Peak offers a comprehensive portfolio of 12 virtual software products available for immediate download.
- All Silver Peak software downloads come with a 30-day free trial with full support.
- Virtual WAN optimization software is the fastest growing segment of the WAN optimization market. According to the Dell’Oro Group, the virtual WAN optimization market will grow by 100% in 2013.